Quick Quiz. Can you identify which movie these famous lines are from?
- “I’ll have what she’s having.”
- “There’s no crying in baseball!”
- “You had me at ‘hello.’”
- “Nobody puts baby in a corner.”
Perhaps you love to quote movies as much as my family does. One of our all-time favorite movies—both to watch and recite from memory—is Love Actually. But to quote any film effectively, you have to know not just the line, but when to use it. Below are eight great lines from Love Actually, with guidelines on how to apply them in your life.
- When answering the phone:
“Yes, I’m very busy and important.”
- When someone asks how you’re feeling:
- When someone asks what you need:
“I don’t want something I need. I want something I want.”
- When something defies explanation:
“But sometimes things are so transparency, they don’t need evidential proof.”
- When you’ve hedged your bets:
“Just in cases.”
- When you see something you’d like, but shouldn’t have:
“That is SO inconvenient.”
- When the odds are against you it working out, but you’re going to try anyway:
“Let’s go get the shit kicked out of us by love.”
- When it’s time to let it go.
“Enough. Enough now.”
What are your favorite quotes from Love Actually, or elsewhere?
If you’ve enjoyed this post, please “LIKE” my FaceBook page, Nancy Crochiere, writer, or subscribe to my blog at www.nancycrochiere.com. Either will get you entered in a drawing for a $10 Starbucks card.